Verse Of The Week

"More than that we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces confidence, and confidence produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us." Romans 5: 3-5

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Musings and Other Things

Okay, so to be honest I am the last person I would ever think to have a blog. I don't write well about myself, if you need proof read my 'about me.' 
However, I have always been inspired by Dawn's Cottage Corner, who by the way is an amazing beautiful women who I completely look up to. Also my girl Leesuh made her own recently and its wonderful and original so I thought I would like to dabble in the world of online creative expression as well. 
*
Do you ever pray for something, and then nothing happens? 
You hear the Lord speak to you, and you say "Okay Lord, I am ready, lets get this show on the road. I am so ready, Father all I want is to serve You...Like I said..I am ready...Lets do this...Where are you???" Well some of you are probably not as melodramatic as I make that seem, but its true, it happens to all of us. We pray for something we are sure the Lord has stirred into our hearts but at the end of the day all we can ask is
"God, Is This You?" 
Let me share this, which I definitely learned the exhausting way, that just because we are ready, doesn't mean God is. I am still learning, in the most difficult, painstakingly slow, yet amazingly peaceful process that the timing of God is impeccable. 
Think of Nehemiah. 
When he heard of the destruction of Jerusalem, the place of his birth, he wept and mourned as well as prayed and fast. And he did so for four months. 
Eventually  God open the opportunity for Nehemiah to request to the king Artaxerxes for the rebuilding of the city of his fathers. This is the same king who refused for Jerusalem to ever be rebuilt. However, he gave Nehemiah what he asked for and then some.
God makes the impossible possible. 
And on his own time. 
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding
In all your ways acknowledge him
and he will make you paths straight" Proverbs 3:5-6

4 comments:

  1. So excited for you girls having your own blogs now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Leesuhh! And you too Rebecca, I am pretty excited as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arielle, I LOVE YOU!!! I love to hear your heart. You are so beautiful inside and out, my dear sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete